Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sweet, sweet Sunday.

Sweet, sweet Sunday. You're almost over and this makes me sad. Today has been such a lovely day. Sunny, relaxing and fun. Everyday should be this worry free.

It started with a delicious cup of peppermint chocolate coffee. I talked about this delicious concoction yesterday. Here is what I used to make it.


I didn't add any whip this time. WAY TOO EARLY in the day for whip! :)

I also made a quick and healthy breakfast. Oats of course! I cooked them on the stove this time instead of the microwave. Oh man, I wish I could do this at work. It was SO good cooked this way! Check it.
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
  • pinch salt
  • dash nutmeg
  • Splenda to taste
I cooked the oats for about 5-10 minutes or so, sliced in a half of a banana and cooked it for another minute or so. I poured it in a bowl, topped it with the rest of the banana and a serving of coconut flakes. OH MAN! It was so tasty. Like tropical paradise in my mouth. I don't know why I waited so long to try oats with coconut. I highly recommend this!


After breakfast me and Mr. Man hung out for a bit while I got caught up on some Blog reading. I must have fallen into the usual "blog land trance" because it was 12:30 before I knew it and I was due for my Sunday family visit by 1:00. WHOOPS! I got dressed in a flash, packed up a quick lunch and I was off. I ran about 5 minutes late. Not bad!

Lunch was so delicious in its simplicity. I had a Flat Out wrap with garlic hummus, turkey, red and green peppers, red onion and raw coleslaw. YUM!


Papas Chicken Paprikas courtesy of my lovely Mama looked damn good too. Yeah, I was a bit jealous. But just a bit! :)


For a snack later, I shared my box of VitaBrownies from VitaLicious with everyone.


The box came with four perfectly packed delicious looking brownies. What do you know, there were four of us. It's like it was meant to be! I decided to try FitNutz for the first time as well.


Having it with the brownies just sounded so delicious! It was so simple to make. The directions said to add 2 tsp of water and mix. It also said to add more if you like until it reached the desired consistency. I decided to add a third tsp. Ahhh, perfect....

Ann decided to smear her brownie with the stuff. It looked good!


I decided to add yet another tsp. of water to mine to make it like a peanut butter sauce and dipped my brownie in it. OH MAN! SO GOOD!!


SO GOOD in fact that I just poured the rest of it right over the brownie after my second bite. It was perfect!


The VitaBrownie was rich, flavorful and a pretty decent size for only a 100 calories! I loved it and would definitely have it again!! Find some, buy a box and eat it! I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

FitNutz (the plain variety) was a nice surprise! I wasn't sure what to expect but I was not disappointed to say the least. I like it with less water, and with more. I thought the ease of creating the sauce with it was brilliant! I would GLADLY pour this stuff into oatmeal, over ice cream, over a slice of cake (healthy cake of course) or just drink it out of a glass. HA! No, seriously, it was good! And it's only 50 calories for 2 tbs. Ann and I split one so I only used 1 tbs. and ended up with a BUNCH of sauce! This gets a solid 10 out of 10.

After licking my desert bowl clean we played a bit of Yahtzee. I realize the game is for kids but MAN, it pisses me off. I guess I have no dice rolling skills. No BIG WIN in Vegas predictions for my future I guess. HA!

After the visit I ran a few errands and then headed home. One of the errands being the purchase of some MUCH NEEDED blinds for my kitchen and living room windows. We had neighbors move into the house next door a while back. The place stood empty for EVER. For some reason I was in denial about the obvious need for blinds AND the fact that people could now see right into my house. Fall and the falling of the leaves took care of that with a quickness though. I have HUGE bushes on that side of the house that are now completely bare. The lack of privacy was starting to bother me so I decided to finally take care of it.

When I got home I found Nick outside with a chainsaw going CRAZY on the overgrown weeds and new tree-lings that popped up in the last year or so. It sounds scary but he seemed to have a handle on it. So I walked away and let him do his MAN thing for a while. When he was done with that we quickly put up the blinds in the kitchen. SUCH AN EXCITING MOMENT! Now I can cook at night without "peering eyes are watching me" paranoia. HA!

We plan to hang the living room blinds in the near future.

Now on to the subject of dinner. What the heck should I have? My Mama gave me some Chicken Paprikas for Nick so dinner for him was covered. SWEET! However, that's nothing I can have (so unhealthy)..... Hmmmmm..... Think Ildie, THINK!!!!!

AH-HA! I know! A simple bean, cheese and veggie quesadilla. YEAH! Easy, quick, healthy and delicious!
  • 2 La Tortilla brand tortillas
  • 1/4 cup black beans
  • 1/4 cup fat free refried beans
  • 2 tbs canned corn
  • 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 tbs red onion, chopped
  • 2 tbs red pepper, finely diced
I layered the above ingredients into the tortilla, covered it with the other tortilla and cooked it in a frying pan with some Pam for a few minutes on each side. Just long enough to toast the outsides and to melt the cheese. I topped it with a little bit of chopped lettuce and the remainder of the filler veggies that I didn't use.


GOOD!


I also had some hot mango habanero salsa on the side for dipping. YUM!


Well, that's it everyone... It's now nearing 10:00 and I'm going to call it a night so I can hang out with the Mr. for a while. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com