Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I travel with food.

Hello there my fellow foodies. I hope you're all having a lovely day. Mine has been not too shabby if I do say so myself. When I woke up at 7:00 the first thought I had was, hey, I'm in a good mood. What is this madness all about? HA! Who wakes up happy? Do you? I've never been one of those people. I tend to wake up and walk around in a state of perpetual numbness until I have my first sip of coffee. Then, slowly like a lily, I start to unfold my limbs and mind and wake the heck up. It's at this point I decide what sort of mood to be in. Today though.... I was smiling. So I guess I'll just go with the flow.

Breakfast was the usual, with a twist of decadent indulgence. Just a DASH though. I can't be going crazy! Must be careful!
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • Splenda to taste
  • 2 tbs of marshmallow fluff
Ohhhh my.... This was a tasty treat!



For a bit of a teeny tiny snack later Ann and I split 7 of Trader Joe's cinnamon alphabet cookies. I got 4 because... well because I paid for them! :) I love these things!


Lunch was also ridiculous! I had a red pear sprinkled with cinnamon and a wrap with spinach leaves, roast beef and tomato. Simply scrumptious I tell you!


For our break today we ventured to good old Barnes & Nobles again. We bonded with some magazines and tea and hung out for a bit. It's so relaxing there.

I get lost in reading and almost completely forget about work. Just almost though! :)

When we got back to work it was a bit hectic. When things settled down a bit, it was time for a treat. Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip VitaTops from Vita Muffins. Doesn't that just sound delicious?


Ann gave it a 10. She loved the littel pieces of PB and how they just melted in her mouth.

I also give it a 10. I liked this one better then the Chocolate Fig. I thought it was decadent and delicious! I love PB! YEAH! I inhaled this thing!

After work, it was off to the gym as usual. Here's my workout in all its glory for your reading pleasure!

V-Bar Lateral Pulldown
40lb x 25
50lb x 20
60lb x 15
65lb x 10
Cable Face Pull With Rope Grip
50lb x 25
60lb x 22
70lb x 20
80lb x 18
Standing Lateral Pulldown
30lb x 25
40lb x 15
30lb x 20
High Row Machine
50lb x 25
70lb x 20
90lb x 15
Barbell Curls
20lb x 20
25lb x 18
30lb x 8
20lb x 12
Dumbbell Curls
7.5lb x 15
10lb x 12
12.5lb x 8
Hammer Curls
7.5lb x 20
10lb x 15
12.5lb x 10
Cable Triceps Pushdown
40lb x 20
50lb x 15
60lb x 15

After we busted these out I rushed out of the gym and flew home. Nick and I were invited over to his moms for dinner tonight and we were due at 7:45. I left the gym at about 6:50. Yeah, I was running around like a maniac when I got home! She was making stuffed peppers. The unhealthy kind. So, to remain loyal, true and on track, I packed my own food to take with me. A lovely salad with chicken tenders (yes, the last of the leftovers) sweet butter lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, green peppers, black beans, chick peas, mushrooms, Melba Bagel Crisps, red pepper flakes and Asian Ginger dressing. Oh yeah, I enjoyed the heck out of this bowl of deliciousness. Who needs stuffed peppers? Not I, I declare! Not I!

I also enjoyed a cup of Lemon Zinger tea. Good stuff!


Everyone thought I was crazy when I started taking pictures of my salad. Oh bugger off. Photographing food makes me happy, deal with it. They also gave me odd looks for traveling with food to begin with. I realize that I was invited to dinner and brought my own. Don't judge lol. However if you must judge, judge me for being healthy and determined, not weird. Traveling with food keeps my ass on its current shrinking path and I quite enjoy that. And I bet I'll enjoy my smaller ass more then you enjoyed your decadent stuffed pepper! HAHAHA!

Goodnight everyone!

(OH, and I picked up the Christmas tree that Nicks mom was getting rid of. Supposedly it's like 8 feet tall. I'M SO EXCITED!!! Just three more weeks before its glory stands proud before me. I'm breathless with anticipation!!)

1 comment:

sam said...

mmm that salad looks so bomb!! Good for you bringing your own food! it is so hard eating healthy while everyone around you is eating something so delicious!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com