Monday, November 16, 2009

I caught a case.

Yep, I've got it... I've got it bad... I've got a case of the Mondays! I slept like POOP! I woke up with a swollen and tender arm and incredibly sore and wobbly legs from the Sat. workout. They hurt a bit yesterday but it's even worse this morning. I also stubbed my toe while trying my best to not step on the cat as soon as I walked out of the bedroom. And to top it all off, it was cold as heck in the house this morning. To be honest, I just felt like curling back up in bed and hiding from the world for a while. We all know life doesn't work that way though. So instead I got ready, packed up breakfast, lunch and my gym gear and I was out the door.

To try and regain some balance in my step, I quickly made a decadent little bowl of fall oats when I got to work.
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tbs pumpkin butter
  • 1 tbs cran-apple butter
  • splenda to taste


I washed it all down with a cup of coffee and instantly felt better. I got quite a bit of work done in the morning and felt really good about it! I hate being behind. It instantly stresses me out. Getting to clean off my desk felt so glorious!

For lunch I enjoyed the leftover green beans from last night with a wrap. I made it with a Light Flat Out wrap, peppered chicken lunch meat, sweet butter lettuce and a few squirts of spray butter.


For our break today (because we are idiots) Ann and I decided to try and get some more Christmas shopping done. ODDLY enough it went well. No second guessing, no bickering, no dislike of everything we found. WOW. It's like an early Christmas Miracle I tell you! I'm that much closer to my goal of being done by the end of this month. YES!!!!!!!!!!!

For my afternoon snack I enjoyed a crunchy and delicious honey crisp apple. I don't know WHY it took me so long to discover these crispy and sweet little apples but I'm so glad that I did. I think they're my new favorite!


Before we knew it 5:00 was upon us and we were off to the gym. I was a bit worried though. I did NOT want to miss a day but I was also worried about how much I actually handle today. My legs were killing me, which seems like a bad thing on treadmill and bike day. We could have done something else instead but my arm is KILLING me as well and it hurts to raise it. SIGH! So, I pushed through cardio. No, I did not enjoy this workout, but I got it done and feel great about it. NO EXCUSES RIGHT? RIGHT!!!! :)

Treadmill (30 minutes total)
3.2 - 3.4 speed
1.62 miles
Bike (30 minutes total)
Random Uphill, Level 5
205 calories
10.8 miles

After the gym I hustled home and was greeted by not one, not two but three packages. How exciting!! The lovely people at Greens Plus sent me a few samples to try. I received some Chia Seeds, Wild Berry Burst and Orange Greensickle flavored super food. Did you know that just one serving of Greens Plus delivers more essential vitamins, trace minerals, live enzymes and high-ORAC antioxidants than 5 full servings of fresh fruits and vegetables? Yay! I can't wait to try this stuff.


The second package was from the fantastic folks at Luna Bar. I've had some of their bars before and I can't wait to sample some of these new flavors. All Luna products are made with 100% natural, organic and wholesome ingredients with has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Nutritious CAN equal delicious! :)


The final box came from the lovely folks at Newmans Own Organic. I have to be honest with you, the amount of samples I received caught me off guard. My goodness they sent me a lot and they all sound and look AMAZING! I received a ton of cookies, chips, pretzels, mints, chocolate bars and a variety of dried fruits. I wanted to DIVE into this pile of goodies and go CRAZY! However, self control took over and I was able to resist! I can't make any promises for tomorrow though! I know they're in my cabinets, patiently waiting on my crazy little hands to DEVOUR them. I love their slogan too. Great tasting food that happens to be organic.


Oh man, what a lovely thing to come home to. I couldn't stop smiling for hours!

After my package extravaganza and cabinet organization session to find room for all my new goodies, I spent some MUCH NEEDED time on the couch with the Mr. Man and my beloved little fur baby. I recently heard the phrase "fur babies" and I LOVE IT! That is exactly what Oliver is. A misbehaving, BAD and naughty little fur baby! HA!

After cuddle time I took a nice, long and HOT bath to try and soothe my aching body! Oh it felt so good! Then it was time to play around with dinner. We decided on Chicken Fajitas. YAY FOR MEXICAN FOOD!
  • 1 lb of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 large onion, cut into thick strips
  • 2 green bell pepper, cut into thick strips
  • 6 oz of mushrooms, cut in bite size pieces
  • 1 plum tomato, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 packet of Fajita seasoning mix
  • dash cayenne (of course)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup water to keep it all moist
I cooked all of the veggies first in a large pan with some Pam and some salt and pepper. Once they were done I put them in a bowl and set them aside.


I tossed the chicken into the same pan, added the water, the seasoning packet and the cayenne and cooked them on medium-low heat till cooked through. Maybe 10 minutes.


Dinner was done in a matter of minutes.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also made a quick guacamole to have as a garnish to get rid of some super ripe avocados.
  • 2 avocados
  • splash lemon juice
  • splash lime juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro
  • 2 tbs sour cream (to add creaminess)
  • dash of cayenne (DUH)
  • salt & pepper to taste


Couldn't be any easier. I had my fajita in a flat out wrap. They're thicker than the tortillas I usual use and this way I fill up on just one instead of needing two. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

The guacamole was SO YUMMY! I usually just eat avocados fresh and I almost forgot how much I like having it all mashed up like this. DELICIOUS! I enjoyed this dinner VERY much!


Now I must bid you goodnight. Time to watch episode 2 of 3 of The Prisoner. I thought the one we watched last night was pretty good. I was completely sucked in.

Goodnight beautiful people!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com