Friday, November 27, 2009

Rockin Around...

The Christmas tree of course!! IT'S UP. YAAAAAAAAAAY!

We actually put it up very late last night. Both Nick and Dan helped so it went up pretty fast. We managed to put the lights on too but it was nearing midnight by the time we were done so I called it quits. The boys continued to celebrate the day with more beer and video games. I managed to hang with them until about 1:00 AM and then decided to head up to bed. What a LONG but fun day! I actually didn't add the ornaments until earlier today.

I woke up late as heck this morning. IT WAS AFTER 10:00 people! I couldn't believe it!! I must have really needed the sleep! I had a cup of coffee straight away to try and slap myself awake. It must have worked because less than an hour later I was on the phone with Ann asking her if she wanted to go shopping. I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULDN'T GO OUT IN THE INSANITY THIS YEAR! However, it was 11:00 so most of the insane shoppers should be done by now. The roads and stores should be safe. So off we went.

I grabbed a Kashi cherry dark chocolate bar for a quick breakfast on the go. I wasn't very hungry. Not only did I wake up late, I also woke up feeling full from all the Holiday feasting yesterday.


We only hit up two stores. I managed to buy a few more presents for Christmas AND get my grocery shopping done. All in all, a successful mini shopping trip! It was nearing 3:00 by the time I got home and I was freaking STARVING! I immediately whipped myself up a quick little salad.
  • Romaine leaves, coarsely chopped
  • 4oz leftover turkey breast, cut into cubes
  • Handfull of dried cranberries
  • 2 green peppers, sliced
  • 1 Roma tomato, chopped
  • Red pepper flakes
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Spray Butter


It hit the empty growing pit in my tummy just right. It was SCREAMING for food!!

After my late lunch I decided to add all of my ornaments to the tree. It was staring at me, all pretty and dressed up in its glowing little lights. It needed more though. It NEEDED ornament fulfillment! I worked on it for maybe thirty minutes. DELICATELY placing each piece JUUUUUUST right! TA DAAAAA...


Oh man, I love this tree. I could just stare at it ALL day. The new lights I picked up on clearance at Target last year looked awesome!

My house is all Christmas-Decked-The-Heck-Out! I love it!


After my tree extravaganza I dove into some laundry duties and nice pile of dirty dishes. Exciting I know! Before you knew it, dinnertime was upon us. I'm SURE those of you who read this blog regularly know what tonight is. Come on now... Sure you do.... TACO SALAD NIGHT! (Recipe can be found here...)



Somethings are just better left alone. Why mess with delectable and delicious perfection?

For a bit of a treat later Nick and I enjoyed a dessert I whipped together earlier today. It was SUPER simple.

Stir together the following.
  • 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 box instant, sugar gree vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 packet splenda
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • dash ground ginger


That's it. Easy as pie. And speaking of pie, it tasted JUST like pumpkin pie in a glass. YUM! I pured the mixture into two pretty little wine glasses and let them chill for a few hours. I then topped them with some fat free whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Even Nick liked it!!! I believe this will get made quite often in the next few weeks. Pumpkin just tastes so good around the holidays! :)

Well lovely people. I'm going to call it a night now. Time for some cuddling in front of our mind numbing, big and magical box of moving pictures (TV). HA!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com