Thursday, October 29, 2009

The flavors that make up my life.

Currently watching my recorded episodes of So You Think You Can Dance. AWE YEAH! Love it! Nick is visiting a friend and I'm taking full advantage! It is FORBIDDEN when he is home. I never hear the end of his whining. HA! MEN!

While it's on in the background, I thought I would recap my lovely day for you curious little critters. It was jam packed and full of the flavors that make up my life. A dash of drama, a dash of whimsy, a dash of joy, a dash of rage, a dash of fun, a dash of love, and of course, a dash of delicious. Juuuuuuust the right blend of ingredients to make it an alright kind of day. You need a little dash of this and that in your life to see the difference between the good and bad right? I think you do!

I'm off tomorrow and all weekend, YEEEEEEEEEEES! I just don't want to dwell on the negatives with you today.


Let's start with breakfast shall we? I had the always hearty and delicious mix of love.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tbs pumpkin butter


I have to tell you. I don't think I could be happy without the addition of oatmeal in my diet. The stuff is amazing and the combination possibilities are endless! Oh, and it's healthy AND delicious! DUH! If you're not hip to it, you better get hip! Go get some, right now!


Lunch just made me happy today. I love all Morning Star Farms burgers. I tried the Mushroom Lovers for the first time today. LOVED IT! I had it on an English Muffin with some romaine lettuce. I also had some tomatoes, carrots and some applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon on the side. It was perfect! Just the right amount of food.


For a quick escape from work today, Ann and I ran to Barnes and Nobles and enjoyed some health magazine reading with a cup of coffee. Nothing overly exciting BUT it got us out of florescent light paradise (the office) for a bit, which is always good!

When we got back, we treated ourselves with some deliciousness from Vita Muffins. I brought in the Chocolate Fig variety for each of us to try.


Uhm, delicious. I can't believe they're only a 100 calories. Where have you been all my life? HA! It was rich, chocolatey and full of fig goodness. Just look at them all. Come here you.....


Mmmmmmmm!!!!


Go buy some. They were kind enough to send me a lovely box of 10 different varieties to sample along with a box of brownies. I will be JOYFULLY updating you on what I think of them as they get consumed. :)

Ann - a solid 8 on a scale of 1-10. She loved it but thought it was just a bit dry.


Me - I give it a 9 on a scale of 1-10. I thought it was rich, dense, filling and the flavor was excellent. Reminded me of a dark chocolate cake. I agree that it was a bit dry but I liked it regardless.

The rest of our afternoon FLEW by. Probably due to some of that drama I was telling you about before. See, I can see the good in all circumstances if I just try a little harder. With as busy as we were, it was 5:00 PM before we knew it.

The gym hit the spot today. I was feeling good. Here's what we did.

Barbell Upright Row
25lb x 25
35lb x 20
45lb x 15
Dumbbell Overhead Press
7.5lb x 20
10lb x 15
12.5lb x 12
15lb x 10
Dumbbell Side Raise
5lb x 25
7.5lb x 20
10lb x 15
Dumbbell Front Raise
5lb x 25
7.5lb 15
10lb x 15
Behind Neck Press (machine)
10lb x 20
20lb x 15
30lb x 12
Treadmill (15 min. total)
2 min. at 3.2 speed
2 min. at 3.4 speed
2 min. at 3.6 speed
2 min. at 3.8 speed
7 min. at 3.2 speed
Bike at Random setting, Level 5 (15 min. total)
5.4 miles, 100 calories burned

WHEW! Then I changed and ran to the grocery store. I usually go after work on Friday but since I took the day off (YAY) I decided to go today and get it out of the way. As usual, I paid a ridiculous amount. Sacrifices of a healthy lifestyle are worth it though. I've spent money on more worthless crap then the nutritious and good for you food that I eat every day. Your body is your palace. ALWAYS remember that!!


For dinner I decided to spoil myself a bit and make a healthy, vegan, stuffed pepper. Actually it JUST finished and I'm about to go enjoy it. I was blogging while it was cooking away in the oven and while watching So You Think You Can Dance. Multitasking RULES! The house smells amazing and I'm starving! It's super easy to make... Check it out.

FILLING
  • 1 cup Morning Star Farms Ground (frozen right out of the bag)
  • 1/4 cup cooked rice
  • 4 white mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 chopped green onion
  • 1/2 of a small yellow onion, chopped
  • dash salt and pepper
  • dash cayenne (I add this to everything, you can leave it out)
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • dash cumin
I cut the top of a green pepper off and put it in a saucepan with about an inch of already boiling water in it. I covered and cooked it for about 5 minutes to soften the pepper a bit. You can also add it to a steamer, I just don't have one. Then I stuffed it with the filling and put it in an oven safe dish. I actually have smaller bowl that is oven safe so to save on some dishes, I just baked it in that. I also took a can of tomato sauce and poured it around and over the pepper. I know most people eat it with ketchup but I grew up eating stuffed peppers with tomato sauce.


OH MAN. It's delicious! I'm finishing this blog in between bites. I could't even eat it all. The pepper I had on hand was HUGE!

By the I finished Nick was home. I immediately turned off So You Think You Can Dance to keep the peace! He was already huffin and puffin before I was able to grab the remote. HA! I told you, it takes him no time at all!

And now I must go and hang out with Mr. Man, Mr. Cat and watch the new Office episode the DVR recorded earlier. I LOVE YOU DVR! Enjoy the rest of your night everyone!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

these looks delicious! i love stuffed peppers and make them quite frequently. I will have to try your version of them!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com