Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lost or stolen? To be continued!!!

It's Saturday and I woke up feeling Sassy and TIRED. I slept like poop! I must have woken up at least 15 times last night. Unable to get comfortable, I kept tossing and turning. My leg was hurting again. Stupid bum leg! It's like a dull annoying ache I feel only when I sit for too long with my legs under me or if I lay on my sides when I sleep. And I hate sleeping on my back! So needless to say, I woke up a bit moody. I decided to make a cozy breakfast of warm goodness hoping that it would soothe and calm me down a bit.
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cracked wheat
  • 1 cup water (roughly, sorry, I eyeballed it)
  • Splenda
  • cinnamon
I microwaved this goodness and then topped it with just one tablespoon of crunchy almond butter. Oh my! This was delicious, creamy and rich with a bit of a crunch from the almond butter. It was so filling that I couldn't even finish it.


Of course I enjoyed it with a nice cup of coffee which I flavored with sugar free caramel syrup and plain fat free creamer.


Before I knew it, the time to head to gym had arrived. I rushed around to get dressed as usual and somehow got there on time. While in the locker room, I kept digging around for my MP3 player. It wasn't in the purse, in my pockets or in the car. I knew I didn't see it at home either. Well surely this wouldn't help my mood! With a heavy heart and angry little steps I shuffled upstairs to warm up on the bike and then it hit me. My battery died on me last Thursday while I was on the treadmill and I took it off and placed it in one of the water bottle holders. That was the last place I saw it. So of course like an idiot, I started looking for it in the cardio room. GONE! A girl on one of the eliptical machines saw me looking for something and ODDLY ENOUGH asked if it was an MP3 player with pink earpieces. YES I screamed with excitement, that's the one. She said she found it on the treadmill last Thursday and turned it in at the front desk to the girl that was working that night. So happily with a slight skip in my step I walked back down to ask them for it. Dude behind the desk looked in all the drawers and found nothing. He said he would call his bosses and see if they knew anything. Well as my luck would have it, neither knew JACK! Just lovely! The girl that was working on Thursday, of course, was not there. I told them I would be back to the gym on Monday and would check in again. This gives them 1.5 days to sort it all out. I don't want this event to leave a bad taste in my mouth because I love this gym. GRRRR!!!! I will hope for the best and update you all on Monday. To be continued.................

When I got home I was two things! Freezing and starving!! I warmed up with another cup of coffee and decided to have breakfast for lunch. I made a veggie, egg white and cheese omelet and had an English muffin on the side.
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 green onion (chopped)
  • 1 small tomato (chopped)
  • handful of green peppers (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
  • 1 serving fat free shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste
I cooked the egg whites, stuffed it with the cheese and veggies and then topped it with a little bit of hot mango habanero salsa. TASTY!


After lunch I cleaned myself up and then we were off for MORE COSTUME SHOPPING! This year is killing me. Why can't people plan ahead? WHY!!!???? Nick was looking for a TON of stuff and we were running all over town, yet again. The long list is below, as well as our found and purchased hit rate.
  • Cowboy boots - NO LUCK!
  • Belt - NO LUCK (but he has one which "could" work)
  • Cowboy hat - PURCHASED at costume shop.
  • Fake gun - NO LUCK!
  • Long trench coat - NO LUCK!
  • Jean button up shirt - PURCHASED at the Thrift.
  • BAD tapered leg Jeans - NO LUCK (but he has one which "could" work)
  • Suede Vest - NO LUCK!
  • Wig - NO LUCK!
Yes, this means that we are not done shopping. Nick said he would go out tomorrow while I was visiting the folks to try and purchase the rest. OH I HOPE HE DOES! To tell you the truth, between Ann and him, I'm all costume shopped out! I'M AT MY LIMIT!

By the time we got home it was dark and I was starving. I wanted something quick for dinner so I decided to cook up one of those Al Fresca Chicken sausages I purchased a few weeks ago. Nick decided to have hot dogs topped with chili sauce. YAY FOR SIMPLE! I finally found some wheat hot dog buns last week and we used them for dinner. Surprisingly, they were difficult to find. I also made a salad on the side with spring mix, chick peas, black beans, tomatoes, green onions, raw slaw mix, Melba bagel crisps, salt, pepper, red pepper and spray butter instead of dressing. Please don't get grossed out. It's not like I SMOTHER the salad in the spray butter. I just add a little bit and I swear it just makes everything taste so freaking amazing! I have like 10 different salad dressings at home and I can't bring myself to use them instead of this magical little spray butter bottle of love. SO GOOD!


After dinner we curled up to watch Adventureland. It got a pretty high rating on www.rottentomatoes.com and Nick refuses to watch anything that's rated low. I loved it. What a CUTE movie! I'm such a sucker for sappy stuff. ;)

For a little snack halfway through the movie I had a small handful of chocolate animal crackers. I love these crunchy little four legged critters!


And now I'm sleepy so I'm going to say goodnight. Here's to hoping that I sleep good tonight. I NEED IT!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com