Monday, October 26, 2009

Sleepy, sore and traumatized!

So it's Monday again. How did this happen? I feel like it was just Friday afternoon, yet here we are. Isn't it a sign of aging when time flies by faster than normal? Should I be concerned? Seek medical help? Nah!! I'll just deal with the inevitable and painful truth. I'm not a kid anymore! When you're a kid, days seem to last for EVER! Like you could get an outrageous amount of things done and still have hours left to pick your nose. HA!

My night was horrible by the way. I barely slept. I sleep on my right side every night, which I could NOT do because of tattoo pain last night. UGH! I think I finally fell asleep sometime after 1:30 and woke up several times because I was uncomfortable! FUN STUFF! My arm was also a bit swollen and tender when I woke up but that's to be expected. I'm complaining WAY too much! I'm going to shut up now. I still love the tattoo and this will all pass in a few days. :)

Okay, now on to food paradise! Breakfast was a coco-ooey-gooey mess of good stuff accompanied by a lovely cup of coffee.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 tbs unsweetened coco
  • splenda
  • dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 banana, sliced


Lunch was just as tasty! I made an awesome fresh veggie and FlatOut wrap with lite laughing cow cheese and hummus. I used green, yellow and red peppers and some mushrooms. What I couldn't fit inside the wrap was enjoyed on the side. It was a sexy, photogenic and delicious lunch. Just look at this beauty.


For a quick break today, we made a SUPER DUPER FAST run to Halloween USA! The other day when I said I was done shopping for stuff, I lied, just a wee bit though. I was doing some makeup research and almost everything I saw called for liquid latex. The one stupid thing I didn't have. So I got two small tubes of it. Now I'm done, officially! I swear!!

For my afternoon snack I enjoyed a long and forgotten delicious mix of creamy goodness. Plain Oikos Green Yogurt, cinnamon and a Kashi Trail Mix granola bar crumbled on top. Oh man. It's been WAY too long. Kashi and Oikos should get married. That's how good these two items taste together!


It was cardio day at the gym today and I was NOT feeling it! I was still tired. But I pushed through it.
  • Treadmill - 30 min. - speed 3.2 - 1.6 miles (speed walking for me, I'm 5'2")
  • Bike - 30 min. - Random setting - Level 5 - 10.7 miles
I would usually do some ab workouts after this but not today. No way. Not having it. I left as soon as we were done and took my tired and old butt home.

Once at home, I collapsed for a bit on the couch, and then realized I had a lovely little package waiting for me on the coffee table. OH MY! My very first product to review!! This is incredibly exciting! It was a package from The Pure Bar. YAY! I will be checking out one of these bad boys tomorrow and will update you then. The lovely Diana sent me a bag, 2 coupons, a thank you card, a full size apple cinnamon bar and 2 more sample size bars (apple cinnamon and chocolate brownie).


OR SO I THOUGHT! Then I realized there was something else lurking in the bottom of the bag. What could it be? Why it's another chocolate brownie sample bar. Sneaky little thing!


After this exciting find I decided to grab a little snack before dinner. I decided on an Asian pear.


While nibbling, I noticed something. Is that a flaw? I thought while taking a closer look. That's when "the flaw" moved. OMG. A WORM! And I've already had several bites!!! Did I eat part of it?????? I jumped off the couch while spitting profusely into my palm. The laptop went flying but I didn't care! I started gagging, yelling, spitting into the sink, gargling, rinsing, stuffing paper towels into my mouth and scraping my tongue repeatedly while dry heaving with damp eyes. OMG... A WORM!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??? I fear three things in life. Driving in the snow, heights and WORMS! I immediately threw out ALL of the other pears! I still had a bunch left. I didn't care. NOTHING could compel me to TEST bite or cut into another one ever again! NOTHING!

After I recovered from my deeply disturbing and tragic incident, I was able to move on (somewhat) and start on dinner. I made Nick some pierogies with red onions, peppers and hot smoked sausage. He was giddy I tell you. GIDDY! He loves this stuff!


For myself, I decided to make some pancakes. I was craving something warm, cozy and simple for dinner.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 4 egg whites
  • splenda
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 packet natural almonds, crushed
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbs pumpkin puree
This was enough to make 4 lovely little cakes. I topped them with more cinnamon sprinkles and fat free syrup. Mmm Hmm. Sure was tasty!


For a little nightcap, I made healthy coco.
  • 1 cup plain Almond Breeze
  • 1 tbs unsweetened coco
  • 2 packets splenda
  • a splash of fat free, calorie free caramel syrup
I microwaved this magical mixture for two minutes. I sprinkled some cinnamon and cayenne on top. It was absolutely delicious!


Now it's sleepy time. I'm exhausted! Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com