Friday, October 30, 2009

Leaf induced lethargy and a man name Joe!

Hi everyone. Guess what???? I LOST 3 MORE POUNDS! Oh I'm just giddy with excitement I tell you, GIDDY! It's the best way to start a Friday!! Especially a Friday on which I don't have to work. I know I already mentioned that I requested today off. Ann and I decided to take it off together and enjoy a long weekend. We also wanted to FINALLY drive to Cleveland today to visit Trader Joe's for the first time. I've heard great things in Blog Land about this place. I can't STAND it anymore. I must see what all the hubbub is about!! (And yes, I will be taking my camera to document and capture this momentous event!)

I woke up bright and early (8:00 AM). This is bright and early considering that I didn't get to sleep till almost 2:00 AM. I fell into the deep trance that is "Blog reading" late last night and couldn't bring myself to stop. Must..... Keep..... Reading..... I'm addicted I tell you! Nick was up with me the whole time playing his new Forza game. Aren't we a lovely pair? :)

I quickly poured myself a cup of freshly ground coffee and took a big steamy gulp. AHHH, much better already!


And you will never guess what I did next! Yep, I opened up my laptop and went to Blog Land again..... I was able to pull myself away long enough to make a quick and tasty breakfast. English muffin and egg white sandwiches.
  • 1 English Muffin, toasted
  • 3 egg whites, cooked with salt and pepper in a pan sprayed with Pam
  • 1 slice of fat free American cheese, split two ways
  • 1 tbs of Mango Habanero salsa on each
PERFECTION in the most simplest form! Fussy doesn't always equal delicious! This is fact!


After breakfast I slapped myself together. Ann was already on her way over. HERE WE COME JOE! We got in the car at 10:00 AM sharp. Bearing full smiles, which now appeared to be permanently plastered on our cheerful faces. No work today! YEAH!

Google maps was WRONG! The drive only took us 30 minutes and the plaza was right off the highway. GLORIOUS! Oh.... Oh, what's that..... Oh my goodness....... There it is.... TA DAAAAA!


The place was awesome! I was so awe struck that I forgot to take pictures once we got inside. Forgive me! They were busy too. Not that I'm surprised. It was a perfect blend of well stocked, good for you, tasty, healthy, perfectly packaged, friendly staffed goodness! I WILL BE BACK! Here is what I purchased (I took this picture after we got home.)


After we left, we didn't want to the fun to stop. The store was located in the cutest little plaza so we decided to roam around. And get this, it was actually nice out today! Mid 60's, partly cloudy. WOW. What a brilliant day off from work! We celebrated with a cup of Skinny Caramel Latte from Barnes & Nobles!


Which we enjoyed while walking around outside. The place was adorable!


I think the coffee had us a bit hyper!


We even made some wishes at this fountain. I made several actually. Why not! You never know right?


Then we decided to move down the block to check out this place.


I kept seeing this place in Blog Land as well and wanted to see what all the hype was about. Not as friendly or as frugal as Trader Joe's in my opinion. I guess by just leaving Joe's, this place stood no chance. We left empty handed. No big whoop. It was nearing 2:00 anyway and we decided to head back home. We made the quick 30 minute drive in no time.

Halfway home I remembered that I needed more BLOOD! EEK! I used up the last of what I had on my dress this morning! DANG IT! I swore that I wouldn't do anymore Halloween shopping this season. However, I had no choice. So we ran to pick some up. They didn't have exactly what I was looking for but I managed to find a tube of something that should work. I will of course update you on that tomorrow, once the makeup application begins. DA DA DAAAAA!

By the time we got back we were starving. I quickly made us a delicious and healthy lunch. Pumpernickel veggie sandwiches with a small side salad.
  • 2 sliced pumpernickel bread
  • 1 wedge lie laughing cow cheese
  • sliced mushrooms
  • sliced tomato
  • sliced green bell pepper
Voila!


Not sure I really needed to list the ingredients for that above. It's pretty self explanatory. Add any veggies you like or that you have on hand. The side salad was just some fresh spinach with green onions, tomato, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and a little spray butter. (FYI, everything tastes BETTER with spray butter magic... I'm just saying... HA!)


After lunch Ann took off and Nick and I decided to tackle THIS!


My backyard.. Tragic right? SO MANY LEAVES! Nick raked a week ago while I was at the gym and you can't even tell he was ever back there. Sad.... True story!

1 hour in...... Not bad. And for some reason, we were having fun.


The cat was not. He was lonely. I LOVE YOU CRAZY!


Nick even started a small fire to burn up some of the fallen tree branches I've been collecting behind the garage. Men love fire... I don't get it!


We were outside for two hours. So much for not working out on Friday. This was one hell of a full body workout. Raking worked the arms and the shoulders and bagging the leaves worked the legs and the glutes. Oh who am I kidding, it worked every muscle in my body. YEAH! I think the grand total for the number of bags we filled with leaves was 15. Sadly, Nick already had 13 or so stashed in the garage from last week. WE NEED A TRUCK to get rid of them all! (Hi Papa, hint.... hint....)

After our backyard Fall Festival, we both cleaned up and started on dinner. As you all know, it's TACO SALAD NIGHT on Friday around these parts. I just never get sick of this stuff. I added mushrooms this time. Even better.
  • 110 grams (2 servings) Morning Star Farms Grounds (frozen, right out of the bag)
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 3 white mushrooms, finely chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 2 tbs white onion, chopped
  • 1/4 bag of taco seasoning packet (any variety you like)
  • 4 tbs water, to give it some moisture
Heat all of these ingredients together. It only takes about 10 minutes. I always pour it over some romaine lettuce and then top it with fat free shredded cheddar cheese, fat free sour cream, tomatoes and avocado. No chips are necessary. Just try it, you'll see!


I enjoyed it with this diet pomegranate pop I picked up at Trader Joe's. Yummy!


For a bit of a treat later I decided to make a cup of cocoa using Vanilla Almond Breeze and the new Trader Joe's cocoa I purchased today.


And I added some of this....


And some of this.....


MMMM. Now I feel all warm and cozy inside. Lovely!


WHEW! What a day! And that's it. My day in a nutshell. Have a great night everyone! :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com