Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tattoo-tastic Sunday!

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I had an incredibly fun and productive day today. My morning started with a cup of coffee....

and a BLOODY craft project....

I finally talked myself into slathering fake blood all over my lovely dress. The first squirt was the hardest. After the third or so I had a wicked smile on my face and my diligent little fingers were going crazy. I was smearing the gory insanity all over the place and making a mess.

I will have to let the front dry before I can do the back so I knew I had to get started. This stuff takes a full day to dry and I may need to do several layers on both sides to get the dark and disturbing coagulated blood look I'm going for. YEAH!

After my freak project session I was hungry. I decided to make a quick bowl of oats.
  • 1/2 old fashions oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 packets splenda
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tbs Naturally More Peanut Butter

Oh man, it was good, and just the right about of food. I would be heading to visit the folks for lunch soon and I didn't want to eat too much. After breakfast I cleaned the house up a bit and got dressed. I wanted to get out of the house earlier then usual today for our visit because I needed to be in Massillon this afternoon. Our friend Blair drew this for me and showed it to me last week when we saw him at the Geisen Haus.

It's the RE-cover up tattoo he is planning on doing of my current cover up. (I'll get it right eventually, damn it). It's a bonsai tree and I love it but I need to see how exactly he plans to position it on my arm. So we had planned on visiting him at 5:00 today. I'm very excited. This Re-cover up is a year in the making. I'm not known for my patience. HA!

I decided to make lunch simple and easy today. I packed up just a few fresh items to make a healthy veggie sandwich with a side salad.
  • 2 slices pumpernickel bread
  • 1 wedge lite laughing cow cheese
  • red, yellow and green pepper slices
  • purple onion, chopped
  • white mushroom slices
For the salad I just used romaine, the leftover veggies from the sandwich and a little salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste and a dash of spray butter. Couldn't have been a more simple and delicious lunch.

After lunch we played some games and enjoyed a cup of coffee. It was at this time that I decided to share my upcoming tattoo redo with the folks. As expected, they were hesitant and in an adorable, protective parent sort of way, they shared their thoughts on the matter. I listened, of course, but they knew I had already made up my mind. In the end we came to the very friendly agreement that it was my body, my decision and they wished me luck. :) I LOVE YOU GUYS.... YEAH! And remember, it's not new, it's a redo.

After my visit I rushed home, cleaned up and we were off to Massillon. Man, it's such a LONG ride!! We ran 20 minutes late. I hate running late. When we got there the shop was empty. Sundays are their slow days I guess. It was just Blair and Nick's younger brother Dan working. A few minutes after we arrive, Blair's wife Carrie showed up and we all BS'd for a bit. I love this place! Used to be a dentists office. Hard to believe. They redid the whole place and did such an awesome job.

Not sure what this little fellow is. I think he is a leftover prop from their last art show. I guess it creeps Blair out. I can see why. HA!

Another strange critter. HA!

After we hung out for a bit, Blair attached the stencil to my arm to see what I thought. Well, I loved it. All of it. He said he was free to start on it right then and there. Before we knew it I was in the chair and he was prepping the ink! OH MAN. PAIN! Why is it that this is basically by 5th tattoo (if you count the last redo as well) and I don't recall it hurting so much before? He worked on me for 2.5 hours. At times I could have crawled up the walls. He finished all of the line work. WHEW! This will be a three session tattoo. He wants to take his time and make it perfect. I LOVE THIS MAN! He is so awesome!!!! And no charge. INSANE right?! I'm so lucky!


After (work in progress)....

By the time he finished it was 9:00 and everyone was starving. We decided to go out and eat at a restaurant right down the street. I thought, hey, a challenge. I need to NOT BE AFRAID to go to restaurants. I am sure there is something on almost every menu that I can have. I just have to be strong and resist temptation! Everyone ordered a greasy burger. Good little Ildie ordered the salad bar and soup combo. I got the vegetable soup. It came with three packets of saltine crackers. I only had one.

The salad bar was pretty decent. I loaded up my plate with romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, banana peppers, dried cranberries, peas, chick peas and sunflower seeds. I topped it with a packet of fat free ranch dressing. Not bad. I felt proud.

After dinner everyone indulged in ice cream. I indulged in my lemon ice water. GOOD JOB! YEAH!

Then we drove home. It was a dull, long and dark drive. I was tired. Worn out from hours of pain. I wanted to share my day with you before I called it a night though. And now that I've done that, I can go to bed happy. Goodnight everyone! ;)

1 comment:

Janetha said...

yeowch.. i don't love tattoos! ironic since the boyf is covered in them. good job keeping it legit at the restaurant! proud of you. your halloween costume is going to be so baller!! yeah i cant wait to see you in it!


Blog Template by