Friday, October 23, 2009

The incredible shrinking woman!

So rumor has it that I lost more weight! Could the murmurs be true? Could it be that I'm turning into the incredible shrinking woman?


YES IT'S TRUE!!!!!!! YAY! I lost another 2.4 pounds bringing my total to exactly 20 pounds lost. Not bad for 83 days of healthy eats and workouts. Oh sweet, sweet scale, you make me so happy as of late! I.... I love you! I'm scared as hell of you but I love you.

Breakfast today was simple and delish. I had a bunch of red grapes and a toasted english muffin with spray butter. I also sprinkled some splenda and cinnamon on the muffins. Yep, they were good.


I also celebrated my weight loss with a glorious cup of coffee. Oh beloved coffee. I proudly raise your rich, brewed, warm sexy self up with joyous hands. You complete me and I'm not afraid to admit it!


RANDOM: Calendar Kitty was adorable today! Mini glasses, angry glare, black nostrils. I WANT TO HOLD IT!


Lunch was AH-MAH-ZING! Of course you KNOW I must be talking about pumpernickel bread. Yep, sure am. I made another veggie sandwich using a wedge of lite laughing cow cheese, spring mix, green peppers and mushrooms. I had the rest of the green peppers on the side with a bit of hummus. This lunch was perfect.


For our break today Ann and I raided Aldis. We loaded up on veggies and fruit and a few other items. I don't know why I don't go there more often. I bet I saved at least $20. VICTORY!! What I couldn't buy there I would be getting after work at the grocery store.

My afternoon snack was the always lovely cinnamon smothered Oikos Greek yogurt. I can't get enough of this stuff!


After work Ann and I ran through Acme (the grocery store we always go to) at the speed of light to finish the rest of our shopping. For once I didn't spend a fortune. This is a rare event! Like a solar eclipse! I took it all in and cherished the moment at the register. I gazed lovingly at the cashier for as long as possible without looking like a freak, and then I left. HA!

I drove home through the crappy wet weather. It was ugly out today. UGH! When I got home I put all the groceries away (fun), cleaned the house up a bit (fun-fun), and started on the first of three loads of laundry (even more fun). SIGH! I spend every Friday doing this stuff. I have to. It's the only time I have to get it all done! Before I knew it, it was 9:00 and I hate yet to start dinner or even sit down. SERIOUS SIGH!

Nick the adorable started on dinner so I could sit for a bit. I was feeling worn out. Where the heck did this day go? I had planned on getting even more things done today but there just isn't enough time in a day to get it all done. I knew what would cheer me up though. TACO SALAD! I could smell it from the kitchen. Tantalizing aromas teased my nostrils. I got up to investigate and helped Nick finish up. We had it all done in a matter of minutes. Ta Daaaaa...


It was delicious!

After dinner I FINALLY relaxed for a a bit. Caught up on some blogs and hung out with Mr. Cat. Then I decided to EXPERIMENT with some dessert. Ann very excitedly sent me a recipe for blended frozen bananas. Apparently they taste like banana soft serve. I already had the frozen banana chunks in the freezer, ready to go. After a GRUELING blending session, I was able to make a small bowlful. My blender struggled. I need a freaking food processor. Honestly, at first I thought it was good but by the time I got to the third bite, it was sort of too much. The texture was off somehow. I don't exactly know how to explain it. Nick didn't want any so instead of forcing something down that I wasn't crazy about, I tossed it. ???? What can you do. Trial and error. It looked pretty though. HA!


I decided to dive into the bag of chocolate animal crackers instead. I just had a small handful. ;)


And now I'm out of here. Time for blanket, couch and remote paradise. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Molly said...

great blog, stopping by from foodbuzz...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com