Sunday, October 11, 2009

Patties and cakes. Patty cakes?

Happy Sunday beautiful people.

Waking up this morning was..... well it was...... hard! We were out until 3:30 AM last night with our friends and it was close to 4 by the time I fell asleep. Worth it? Yes! We had a blast and we don't get to see some of these people that often. I just wish they lived closer. And yes, I had some beers. I was a bad BAD little Ildie. They had Shinerbock on draft. I stood no chance at resisting temptation! HA! We had a blast at a little hole in the wall called Joseph's Grill.

When I did finally manage to drag myself out of bed, I immediately made a large cup of coffee. WAKE UP ILDIE! I also enjoyed some leftover banana oat bake from the other day. I popped it in the oven for a few minutes, tossed some golden raisins on top and a little fat free whip. It tastes like a guilt stricken bad for you treat, yet basically it's just healthy breakfast food prepared in a smart and different way. Pat on the back for me for a job well done....


After breakfast I whipped up a quick lunch to take with me when I went to visit the folks later.
  • 1 can tuna
  • 1 can crab meat
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 green onions
  • a little yellow bell pepper
  • dash of cayenne
  • dash garlic powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
I also packed up a nice ripe tomato, a lite Flat Out wrap and some spinach. When I got there I pattied up two servings of the tuna mixture and pan fried them with some Pam (officially 70 days without olive oil and still doing good). I probably should have used a whole egg instead of just egg whites in the mixture but I was trying to keep it as healthy as possible. The patties didn't want to stay together. Flavor was good though. Actually let me give the dish more props then I'm currently doing. It was VERY GOOD! I couldn't eat it all. It was very filling.


Ann was trying to look sexy here for a fuzzy background shot. HA!


After lunch I hung out with the fam for a while, playing games and chatting as usual over a cup of coffee. All of a sudden and out of the blue they asked Ann and I to follow them upstairs. They had a "surprise" to show us. Lo and behold! The unthinkable has happened. They purchased a treadmill and an ab machine. They both want to start working out at home. I would like to think that Ann and I getting healthy and active with our lifestyles helped push them into the right direction. However, I don't much care for the reason. I'm just glad they're stepping out of the box and working on getting healthy. YAY FOR MAMA AND PAPA! I hung out with them till about 4:30 and then headed home. I also snuck in a quick ab workout. That innocent little machine worked me good too. I could feel my core burning. Who would have though!?

Nick was gone all afternoon. He was helping his dad move some heavy furniture into their new lake house. So of course in typical Ildie style insanity, I took full advantage and cleaned the house. What can I say! The smell of Windex gets me all hot! HA!

For dinner Nick had leftovers again from my beloved and brilliant Mama. Deep fried and breaded chicken strips and rice with peas. This left me open to make what ever my little pitter pattering heart desired. And what I desired was hot and gooey (yet amazingly healthy) pancakes. It's been a while my beloved, round, decadent, moist, little cakes. You shall be MINE tonight!
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 banana
  • cinnamon
(Blend in Blender)

After it was nice and blended I also tossed in a mix of dried cranberries, dried cherries and golden raisins. I heated up my largest frying pan, sprayed it with Pam and made 3 nice little round cakes of love.


Then of course I toped it with low calorie, fat free syrup and some more dried fruit. SO GOOD! ;)


I also enjoyed a nice cup of Chai tea with dinner. I used Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Enchantment. I added a splash of sugar free, french vanilla Coffee Mate and a splash of vanilla Almond Breeze.


And now I must go because I'm tired and I need more sleep!!! Going to spend some quality time with both the men in my life (cat included) for a bit and then call it a night. Goodnight everyone.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com