Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vita-Licious Wednesday

Is it Wednesday already? Wow! This week is flying by. And guess what, this is going to be a short work week for me? I decided to take this Friday off. I'm in desperate need of an "Ildie Mental Health" day. I'm so busy all the time that my weekends just aren't enough to unwind and regain peace and tranquility anymore. Between work, working out, errands, crappy sleep, social events, family visits, healthy cooking, blogging and life in general, I feel like I'm loosing my mind! Oh wait, here it is! HAHAHAHA!


And yes, I DO just have this laying around the house. No, I can't explain why. HA!

To try and soothe my frazzled self today, I decided to have a calming bowl of oats for breakfast.
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 packets splenda
  • dash cinnamon
  • dash pumpkin pie spice
  • dash fat free vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 tbs pumpkin butter


Oh man, the pumpkin butter I purchased at World Market yesterday was insane. I LOVED IT! I devoured this bowl!

Which of course I enjoyed with some coffee, in my new favorite, eco friendly, reusable cup. GO GREEN!


Lunch today was just as decadent. I think I'll give myself an A+ for lunch bag packing skills today. I had another amazing wrap. I'm wrap obsessed!
  • 1 lite Flat Out wrap
  • 3 mushrooms, sliced
  • A mix of green, yellow and red bell peppers
  • 1 small avocado, sliced
I rolled this bad boy up and with a devilish smile on my face, consumed it in a matter of minutes! If marrying a vegetable were legal, I would marry avocado. Mrs. Ildie Avocado..... Yeah, that has a nice ring to it! HA!


For our break today, Ann and I ran out and did a bunch of errand running that I will not bore you with. Nothing exciting. Yep, I played the LAME GAME on my lunch break.

For my afternoon snack, I enjoyed yet another plain Oikos Greek yogurt smothered in cinnamon and a packet of splenda. Do I use too much splenda? Not that I care. Not even sure why I asked. I love the stuff!!!


After work we were off to the gym. I was feeling it today and busted out the following.

Treadmill - 5 minute warm up at 3.2 speed.
Barbell Bench Press
25lb x 25
35lb x 22
45lb x 18
55lb x 10
Dumbbell Flyes
7.5lb x 25
10lb x 20
12.5lb x 15
Triceps Extension (free weights)
10lb x 20
12.5lb x 15
15lb x 15
Cable Triceps Pushdown
50lb x 22
60lb x 14
70lb x 5
50lb x 15
40lb x 25
Seated Bench Press
20lb x 20
30lb x 18
40lb x 12
Ab Machine
70lb x 20
80lb x 20
90lb x 20
Modular Chest Press
30lb x 20
40lb x 12
50lb x 7
Cable Triceps Pushdown (again)
40lb x 20
50lb x 15

Yep, this got me good and tired. I flew home fantasizing about the warm comforts of my house. I was ready to relax for a bit. As soon as I walked in, GUESS WHAT I SAW???


Oh my goodness. This is so freaking exciting!! The lovely folks at Vita Muffins hooked me the heck up. I immediately called Ann, breathless with excitement, to share the news. We've heard of Vita Tops but never tried them. I'm pretty sure I heard ann whimper and cry a bit when I told her that I would share them with her and get her feedback on them as well. HA!

Once I was able to focus again, I quickly started on dinner because it was getting late. I hate eating dinner late. I decided to use the leftover chicken from last night and made some quesadillas.
  • 4oz cooked, cubed chicken breast
  • 2 La Tortilla brand Tortillas
  • 2 tbs onions, chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 3 mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded, fat free, cheddar cheese
MMMMM! It turned out so tasty. I topped it with some shredded lettuce and diced tomato. I also had some fat free sour cream and mango habanero salsa on the side for dipping.


For a bit of a sweet treat I made some more of that healthy coco I enjoyed so much last night.
  • 1 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 tbs unsweetened coco
  • 1 packet splenda
  • splash of calorie free caramel syrup
Warm, soothing, rich and delicious!


And now I must bid you goodnight. Time to watch some House M.D. Almost done with season 4. Can you believe it?

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com