Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lo Mein, High Hunger!

Hi everyone, hope you are well. Today has been a busy, busy, BUSY day! It started with this delicious breakfast. MMMMM.
  • 4 Egg whites,
  • green onions,
  • green peppers
  • small tomato
  • sea salt & pepper
I also enjoyed an English muffin on the side with a GIGANTIC cup of coffee. I had to WAKE UP. I needed to be at the gym in less then an hour.


After indulging in my tasty breakfast I got dressed for the gym and met Ann there at 11:00. I felt like the workout was really good today. The gym was EMPTY which we both love. I always feel like I work myself harder without PRYING eyes and macho idiots flexing and grunting all over the place like wild animals competing for a mate. Smart little Ann also brought her ankle strap today so we got to do some new moves, which is always exciting. My legs were shaking like Jell-o by the time we left. I could barely walk down the stairs to get to my car. HA!

As soon as I left my phone rang. It was Nick. Apparently while I was gone he completely took my kitchen sink apart. WHAT THE HOTEL!? He wanted to attach the drain hose for the dishwasher to the sink again and he needed me to ask my Papa for a tool that he didn't have. Lucky for him he called me as I was JUST about to drive past their street. So I quickly ran over to visit the folks (all stank and sweaty from the gym I might add) to say hello and to borrow some tools. By the time I got home it was nearing 2:00 and I was hungry. I quickly made myself a protein shake.
  • 1.5 cups Vanilla Almond Breeze,
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
  • 2 packets splenda
SOOOO GOOOOOOD!


Then Nick informs me that we need to run to Ace Hardware. I informed Nick that I was running nowhere without a bath! So I quickly cleaned up and we were out the door by 3:30. However, the trip ended up taking us all over freaking town and we were gone for four hours. AGHHHHH.... Here is how it went down.
  • Ace Hardware (roamed aimlessly like a lost puppy behind Nick for about 45 min...)
  • Halloween USA across town (because Nick needed a wig for his amazing costume idea)
  • Costume Shop (because.... read above, same reason....)
  • Mr Funs ALL THE WAY ACROSS TOWN after getting lost for an hour for (SAME REASON...)
  • Came home with NO wig. Fun times... And I never had a small lunch after my shake, which I intended on doing... SWEET JESUS I'M STARVING!
We got back at 7:30 and Nick dove right into working on the sink. After about an hour spent cursing and sighing and "gently" tossing things, he reconnected the drain hose and fixed an apparent slow leak he found as well. By now it was 8:30 and I had yet to eat!!! OMG!!! So I dove right in and decided to make Vegetable Lo Mein.
  • Almost 1 box wheat spaghetti pasta,
  • 1 cup Broccoli,
  • 2 cups Mushrooms,
  • Green peppers,
  • Green onions,
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1.5 cups tri-color slaw mix
  • 2 tbs Teriyaki,
  • 2 tbs Soy,
  • 2 tbs Srirachi,
  • Salt & Pepper to taste,
  • 1 tbs crunchy peanut butter,


This was the first time I was eating pasta since I started working out and eating right. I had a small bowl and I got ridiculously FULL from it. It was SOOO GOOOOD! I didn't realize how much I've missed pasta till I started eating it. Nick enjoyed it too. WINNER!

After dinner we got a phone call. We were to meet a group of people at a bar in Canton after the tattoo shop closed. They were calling to tell us that the venue was changing. So now we have our directions and I think we're about to hit the road. Have fun with the rest of your Saturday evening. We're out!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com