Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chili, x2

Hi everyone. Hope you are well. Today has been a busy-BUSY day. I woke up earlier then usual. Nick had a funeral to attend. :( His step-mom's mother died. I don't think they were super close but it's very sad none the less. I never had a chance to meet her so I didn't feel right attending.

After Nick left I ground some fresh coffee, brewed a whole pot and dove deep into pancaking making. This has clearly become my weekend ritual. This time I tried it with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a teaspoon of fresh ground coffee. The actual recipe is below in case you're feeling experimental.

1/2 cup oats
3 egg whites
1/2 cup of pumpkin
3 packets splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground coffee
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
1/2 cup of water (the pumpkin makes it thicker then usual)

You just blend and voilà. Healthy, delicious mix that's enough to make 3 medium sized pancakes.


Let me tell you what, it's GOOD. The pumpkin gave it this extra smooth and creamy texture. I added a few strawberries on top to get my fruit serving in and topped it with some fat free syrup.


Then it was off to the gym. It was leg day again. I also added some ab workouts in since I hate my GUTS. Like a front facing fanny pack that you can't take off. HA! Anyways. We had a good workout and spent about an hour and half sweating. After the gym I came home and decided to clean my entire house. I guess you can say I was feeling energized and motivated. Nick was still gone so I took advantage of the lack of distraction and spent the next three hours cleaning every single room in my house. Now everything is clean and smelling fresh. This makes me happy and giddy. I spent the next hour or so taking random pictures around my house? Why you ask? Why NOT!! Check em out....

Scary (soon to be craft room) room..... EEEEK!! And who the HECK is Tracy Jean?


It was at about this time that I realized I never had lunch. I was starving!! I made a quick turkey, pepper, lettuce and mustard wrap using Flat Out Bread and enjoyed another cup of coffee. I also had a half of the baby watermelon that I purchased at the Farm the other day. It was sweet and tasty. I just ate it with a spoon. I'm Gangsta like that. :)


Nick got home at around 5:00 and crashed on the couch for a while. He looked so exhausted. While he was napping I decided to start on our dinner so that I could just RELAX later and do nothing. I decided to make chili. I used lots of the fresh veggies that I purchased at the Farm. The kitchen smelled like hot peppers and onions while I was chopping everything up. YUM!


I made two batches. A version for Nick with ground beef, oil, beans, tomatoes and veggies, and a vegan version for me with basically the same ingredients but no meat or oil. We both like a LOT of heat and spice in our food. I made his way spicier then mine though. I added a whole Jalapeño and Habanero to his and stole just a bit to add to my much smaller batch. I cooked both batches on low heat for about an 1:00 - 1:30, turned the heat off and let the ingredients mingle and love on each other for a while.


The vegan chili turned out fantastic! I topped it with some tortilla strips and a little bit of fat free sour cream. Let me also add that I ate it out of my fantastic new bowl. LOOK, MY FAVORITE LITTLE SPOON FITS ON THE SIDE. BRILLIANT!


Pretty sure Nick liked his as well. He was moaning while eating and saying "ooohhh" a lot. HA! (Pat on the back for me, yeah...)

It's about 9:00pm right now and I'm finally sitting down for the first time today to relax. Long day... Busy day... I'm about to enjoy this 60 calorie pudding snack....

and now I need some me time, so BYE BYE!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com