Monday, September 21, 2009

Lacking a case of the Mondays? Say what?

Hi everyone. I was in SUCH a good mood all day today. Very rare for a Monday. I guess you can say I had a fantastic Sunday night. I won't get into detail. Personal gushy, mushy type stuff. :)

For breakfast today I had a wheat English muffin with fat free strawberry jam and a banana. I missed having the muffins so I made sure to buy some more at the store this past Friday. SO GOOD, and they keep me full for hours.


Work was slower today and it was such a nice change of pace. My mind wasn't trying solve 10 problems at once and my diligent little fingers weren't desperately trying to reply to 7 emails at once. My, how delightfully lovely.

For lunch today I had a wrap with Boston lettuce leaves and chicken lunch meat. I also had a bit of green beans on the side with spray butter and a small apple. I love these green beans. Just poke some holes in the bag and toss them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Couldn't be easier. I buy a bag every week!


For our break today Ann and I went to Barnes & Nobles and enjoyed a nice cup of tea. We grabbed a pile of magazines and sat and relaxed away from the office for a while. It's always nice to get out for a bit. But before we knew it, it was time to head back to work. (I LOVE THIS PICTURE!)


For my afternoon snack today I had Vanilla flavored Oikos Greek yogurt with fresh, plump and juicy blackberries. Uhm, it was just okay. I must admit that I enjoy the PLAIN Oikos much better then the vanilla version.


The gym today was HOT AND SWEATY! Good grief! The sweat was dripping in my eyes, in my mouth, it was everywhere. My shirt was soaked just ten minutes after I got on the bike. GOLLY GEE I LOVE CARDIO DAY!! YAAAY! Pardon then expression, but we worked our ASSES off today. It felt good though. :) After about an hour we drug our stinky buts home.

Dinner was tasty today. I decided to make vegetable stir fry. I used white rice instead of brown though. I just couldn't help myself. Cooking time was 14 minutes instead of 45 and I was starving. And for some reason I always overcook brown rice. ??? It turned out good. I used leeks, mushrooms, eggplant, green onions, fresh peas and sugar snap peas, soy sauce, srirachi sauce and a dash of teriyaki and ginger. I can't remember the last time I had rice. It felt like I was being naughty, even though I wasn't. :)


While I was cleaning up in the kitchen, Nick prepped the TV so that we could watch (yep you guessed it) more House M.D. Each episode covers the same premise yet I'm compelled to keep watching. It's like a drug! Cocaine for the eyes!

-Someone gets sick.
-They try to figure out what it is.
-They guess what the illness may be and treat that.
-It's never the first guess so they guess again.
-It's never the second guess so they ponder their options.
-While pondering House has a brilliant moment and KNOWS what is wrong.
-Patient is cured OR patient is told what's wrong but it's too late and they die.

Simple equation for a show = brilliance + Ildie addiction. Well not in all cases but for this show, it just works. That and Dr. House is all scruffy, sarcastic and annoying. So in other words he's an Ildie magnet. I love that sexy jerk. I DO!

We curled up on the couch with crazy kitty (he was having a calm, pet me, pet me, love me, love me moment) and turned on the magical box full of pictures and sounds. OOOHHH, fascinating. I had a nice cup of tea and a Kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookie for a snack as well.


It was a sweet overload this evening. Sweet show, sweet kitty, sweet cookie, sweet tea and my sweetheart. :)

Goodnight....

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com