Friday, September 4, 2009

You turn me on, Morning Star.

HAPPY FRIDAY! This never ending week is finally over. YEAH! I'm currently sipping on green tea and crying while watching an episode of House. Nick thinks I'm crazy. My eyes are all swollen and stuff. I'm such a puss. I used to watch it all the time but stopped sometime last year for no reason in particular. We decided to download every single episode and watch them ALL, season by season, from the very beginning. Brilliant idea I dare say! When we have nothing going on and there is nothing on TV, we watch one or two episodes. It's a nice way to unwind at the end of the day. By the time I make it home during the week it's late. I'm at the gym till 7:00 pm or later and then I come home, clean up and make a healthy dinner every night. We're talking 9:00 - 9:30 by the time I finally sit my ass down. It's nice to curl up on the couch and relax with my Nick, my kitty and my sexy, sarcastic Dr. House.


I'm very excited about our three day Labor day weekend. We don't have any super special plans but it's nice to know that I'll have an extra day to myself. I think we'll probably end up going to a cookout on Monday at his Aunt's house. So of course there is the food dilemma. Do I eat before we leave and watch everyone eat while there or do I take food with me? Is that weird? Eating the food they will be making is not an option. They're huge fans of meat, more meat and your typical sides of beans with bacon, deviled eggs, fatty dips and desserts etc... AGHH, I will figure it all out.

I weighed in this morning and I only lost .9 pounds. I would say 1 pound but that would be lying so I will be honest and say .9. Not a great loss but hey, it's a loss so I'm happy. I can't expect to lose close to 3 every week. That's just not realistic. Or healthy. Next week will be better. Right?


For breakfast today I had a cup of coffee, a cup of warm sugar free applesauce and a Kashi granola bar.


My lunch was DELICIOUS and fresh. I had a crab meat wrap with lettuce, mild yellow pepper and some cherry tomatoes on the side.


For dinner I made "taco salad" again. I made Nick's with ground beef and mine, but of course, with Morning Star Farms ground meat magic. I love this stuff. It's super low calorie and basically has no fat. I mixed in some green onions, black beans, great northern beans, taco seasoning and a jalapeno pepper. GOOD! I had this mixture with some lettuce, a yellow tomato, salsa, fat free sour cream and a half of an avocado.


For a quick snack later, I had another Kashi granola bar. This was a variety I had never had before and I LOVED IT. It was crunchy instead of chewy and came in two thinner pieces. It was flavored with pumpkin and cinnamon I believe. Very good! I had it with a cup of green tea.


And now I must go to sleep. It's midnight and I'm sleepy. Have a good one.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com