Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A mousy kid of day...

Happy Tuesday everyone, hope you're having a lovely day. It was nice today. Full sun, mild breeze and a high of 72. However, I spent most of my day under florescent lighting again. I swear the stuff sucks all joy and life out of you! In my opinion they cause what I lovingly call an office induced semi coma. Offices should be lit by lamps and lovely ceiling fixtures. Before I let the full effect of my "coma" set in this morning, I made a tasty breakfast of oats mixed with blueberries and splenda. I had a COLOSSAL EXPLOSION of runny oats while heating it up in the microwave. BAH! It happened to so fast. It was only in there for 45 seconds. Anyways, it was tasty though!

I had that with coffee. I love my new mug! It's like having a nice bowl of tasty, hot, creamy, sweet good stuff every morning! It's comparable in size to my head and my coworkers make fun of it. Check it out!

For lunch I had a turkey wrap with mild yellow peppers and lettuce, and some grapes on the side. Easy Peasy!

After we ate, Ann and I escaped our dimly lit offices and went for a walk at the park. I just love this place. We will probably keep going till it gets too cold out. Which Ohio is never too far away once you hit September. :(

For my afternoon snack, I made a toasted english muffin, banana and fat free apricot jam sandwich. Sounds weird I know but it was good, I promise!


It was Back and Biceps day at the gym today. We worked on a few more machines and did less reps so that we could squeeze them all in. I've discovered that my biceps are extremely weak. I have a hard time with bicep curls and I find this frustrating. Oh well, I'll just keep at it till they become easier.

I got home and found Oliver in the kitchen staring at something very intently. I kept calling his name but he wouldn't budge or look at me. I immediately KNEW what this meant. MOUSE! Sure enough, 5 minutes later Nick saw one running around and Oliver was chasing it. Nick managed to scoop it up and put it outside in the yard. HOW DO ALL THESE CRITTERS KEEP GETTING IN HERE!!??!! GRRRRR!


For dinner we grilled out again. I made chicken breasts, yellow squash, zucchini, and green onions. It turned out really good. The chicken was tender and juicy and the veggies were good and flavorful.

Sometime after dinner I grabbed a chocolate rice cake and some chocolate Almond Breeze. I was having an "I NEED CHOCOLATE" moment. It was enough to cure my craving without doing anything naughty.

Now we're about to put in Coraline (I've never seen it), curl up on the couch and get comfy. So basically, this means goodnight. Don't cry. I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com