Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Sass.

Happy Sunday everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. It's almost over now and this makes me very sad. Work is around the corner and I'm not ready for it yet.

My breakfast today was spicy and yummy. I made an egg white and fat free cheese quesadilla with hot mango habanero salsa, coffee and a little side of grapes. I saw this recipe on another blog one day and decided to try it. It's a WINNER. One of these weekends I'll need to make sure to have mushrooms and broccoli at home as well to add into the mix. I bet it would be delicious with veggies tossed in. And maybe some avocado on top. MM!


After breakfast I FINALLY got to relax for the first time this weekend. OH IT FELT SO GLORIOUS! However, it only lasted for about an hour. Then I decided to clean the house a bit. I guess you can say that I just can't sit still. After cleaning for a bit, I cooked up a bag of slaw mix to take to my moms for the Sunday visit. I tossed it with green onions, soy sauce, hot teriyaki sauce and srirachi. The plan was to fill Boston lettuce leaves with the mixture and dip them in soy sauce infused with wasabi. I also packed up the leftover soup from yesterday in case the slaw mixture didn't taste as good as it smelled. Then I got dressed and ran out the door. Lunch with the Fam. was fun and full of ridiculous conversation and laughter as usual. My super plan for slaw lettuce rolls however did not work out. They were falling apart and refused to cooperate so I made them into a slaw salad with wasabi soy dressing. ??? It turned out pretty good.


I forgot to take a picture of the soup because I shared it with everyone but you saw it yesterday so it doesn't matter. I just wanted them to try it and I didn't have that much of it anyways. After we ate we enjoyed some coffee and played a bit of sorry as usual. It's amazing how much we all LOVE this stupid game. You would think that we were getting sick of it right? NOPE! Not yet! :)

After my visit I came home, cleaned up and relaxed for a bit with Nick. We watched a few more episodes of House M.D. I have no idea how but we are almost through Season 2. I didn't think it was possible to watch so much of the same show without getting sick of it. BUT IT IS!

For dinner Nick made himself pirogues and I made two open faced sandwiches. I used a leftover chicken breast, fat free cheese, Boston lettuce, fresh guacamole and stacked it all on top of wheat bread. SO GOOD and simple to make. They were gone in about 5 minutes flat. Sometimes I think I eat too fast, which isn't good for you. But I just can't help myself!


I also enjoyed a bit of watermelon and cantaloupe for an after dinner snackeroo. Purchased at the farm again and very sweet and juicy. Too bad the watermelon had seeds. I prefer seedless and was clearly not paying attention when I picked it out. :)


Now it's time for some MORE House M.D. Goodnight everyone. I'll be around tomorrow. :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com